- Studio recording quality
- Condenser microphone
- Super-cardioid polar pattern
- 9V battery power
- Integrated Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting
- Two step High Pass Filter (Flat/80Hz)
- Three step PAD (0, -10, -20dB)
- Rugged reinforced ABS construction
- Windshield included
- 3.5mm mini-jack output
- Integrated cold-shoe mount (3/8” thread)
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone
The RØDE VideoMic is a professional grade 1/2″ condenser shotgun microphone designed for use with consumer video cameras and personal audio recorders.
The integrated Rycote® Lyre® based shock mounting system isolates the VideoMic capsule and electronics from its all-metal shoe mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre® provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap.
Its standard sized shoe mount also includes a 3/8″ thread in the base for easy mounting on a boom pole or stand.
By employing a super-cardioid polar pattern the VideoMic becomes highly directional, focusing on the subject in front of the camera, and minimising any surrounding sounds.
In addition to the microphone’s native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
A -10dB and -20dB level attenuation (or PAD), selectable from inside the battery compartment, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as live music or motorsport.
The RØDE VideoMic directional on-camera microphone is designed in Australia and covered by RØDE Microphones’ industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Acoustic Principle : Line Gradient
- Active Electronics : JFET impedance converter
- Capsule : 0.50″
- Polar Pattern : Supercardioid
- Address Type : End
- Frequency Range : 40Hz – 20kHz
- Output Impedance : 200Ω
- Maximum SPL : 134dBSPL
- Sensitivity : -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted) : 20dBA
- Power Options : 9V Battery
- Weight : 176.00g
- Dimensions : 65.00mmH x 102.00mmW x 250.00mmD
- Output : Minijack Output
- Warranty : 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration here